Monday, October 15, 2012

Birds of a Feather Vintage Market Opening Soon

Okay...it's official! I have decided to come out of retirement. The quest for vintage finds is in my blood. What can I say! After 16 years in the antique business I have switched gears. No more high end furniture, glass and porcelain...now I'm into FUN and FUNKY. I have Pinterest to blame for that! I've always been on the "crafty" side so once I discovered Pinterest it was all over. Now I can't wait to find an old piece of furniture that's been "kicked to the curb" so I can paint it turquoise, pink or some other funky color.

Found this set in a local antique store. I painted it Tiffany Box Blue
which looks good with the original 1930's coral colored pulls.

Old buffet found at a garage sale. I stained the top and painted the rest.

 
I had a blast last winter having weekend sales in my empty building (where Somewhere in Time Antique Mall used to be) so I decided to make it a regular event. With lots of space I am able to bring in more people just like me (you know...those who love the QUEST). We're like "Birds of a Feather" hence the name Birds of a Feather Vintage Market. I have a few "Birdies" on board but I'm looking for more little birdies who want to be a part of the once a month market to be held every 3rd Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Birds of a Feather Vintage Market will be a Paris-style flea market offering old, new and unique finds. Our first official market will be held November 16, 17 & 18, 2012. I have so many fun things planned!!! Oh...and once I find someone to rent the kitchen we'll have a place to eat during the market too.

Birds of a Feather Vintage Market
617 Ohio Avenue
Wichita Falls, Texas
(in Historic Downtown)




 
 


1 comment:

  1. I repair Bibles and Historic Books.

    Web: WWW.BookMan-Jim{.}Biz
    E-mail: Jim@BookMan-Jim{.}biz

    I would love to send you a poster for your bulletin board, just send your street address to the above E-mail.

    Thank you,
    Jim [THE Book Man]
    920.265.5966

    ReplyDelete